Monday, January 19, 2009

What does it look like when a young guitar hero takes lessons from a legend?

Pretty cool clip of Dave Navarro, who is a fantastic guitarist in his own right taking a guitar lesson from Mr. Scary himself, Sir George Lynch. They had some interesting things to say about their own knowlege of music Theory, or lack-thereof. I have been trying to grasp theory myself for about 21 years, and it is still a struggle, so it is pretty comforting to see that one of my idols (Lynch not Navarro) isn't necessarily that good at it either....


2 comments:

DKT said...

That was fun to watch. Lynch is so insane, I love listening to him. Nothing against Navarro, but I can't say I'm a big fan. Lynch's left hand is what makes him so unique...

The Brilliant and charming Mr. D said...

have you ever checked out his website the guitar dojo at georgelynch.com...its pretty sweet.Mr. Scary is a pretty good teacher when it comes right down to it...